10 Blogging Apps for the iPad
When the iPad first came out, it was not the ideal device for blogging. The apps available to bloggers were either oddly formatted or allowed very limited use. Fortunately, many of these apps have been updated and greatly improved. Currently, these 10 apps make the iPad one of the best devices for busy bloggers on the go.
10 iPad Apps that Every Blogger Needs:
1. WordPress: The WordPress app is perfect for any blogger that currently uses, or plans on using, WordPress. While this app was poorly designed at first, it has since been updated and improved. The layout makes the app easy to write and publish blog posts, moderate comments, and perform a variety of other tasks.
2. Evernote: Evernote is an app that allows users to create an organized database of notes. If a writer has an idea for their next blog, they can add a written note or even record an audio note. Each note is tagged and labeled to keep things as organized as possible. Users may even save data and pictures off the web and sync their notes to their iPhone and/or computer.
3. SimpleSense: SimpleSense was actually created for the iPhone, but works just fine on the iPad. This app was designed for AdSense users that want easy access to their account. Users can use this app to view their stats and track the earnings from their blogs.
4. PingDom: Nothing is worse than accessing your blog, only to find that the page is down. Fortunately, PingDom will make it so blog owners are never caught by surprise. Anytime a user’s blog is down or suffering difficulties, PingDom will let the user know, so they can quickly address the problem.
5. BlogPress: BlogPress is another app that helps users access their blogs from their iPad. Users can create and publish blogs, edit posts, and moderate comments from the BlogPress app. However, unlike the WordPress app, BlogPress will also sync with a user’s Blogger and MovableType account(s). This app will also pull information from users’ Youtube, Twitter, Facebook, Picasa, and Flickr account to provide the most convenient experience possible.
6. TextExpander Touch: TextExpander allows users to create their own little snippets that expand to the text they choose. Bloggers that regularly include hyperlinks or pictures in their posts will really appreciate this app. An example of a possible snippet would be “i”, which could be set to expand to Instead of typing out long texts, users could use TextExpander to save themselves some time.
7. DropBox: DropBox helps users store and share files between their different devices or with others. DropBox gives each user 2GB of free storage, which can help to free up space on their iPad or computer. PDFs, images, documents, and other data can all be shared using DropBox.
8. Pulse: Most bloggers pull ideas from their favorite news and media outlets. Pulse helps users access the top news from all of their favorite websites. Instead of visiting a number of different sites individually, users can access their Pulse app to stay up to date on the breaking news from all of their favorite sites at once.
9. SpiltBrowser: One of the iPad’s biggest setbacks is that it only allows users to look at one internet page at a time. Fortunately, with SplitBrowser users can look at two. This is great for bloggers that like to research and blog at the same time.
10. TweetDeck: It’s safe to say that most people who blog also use Twitter. Twitter is a great way of staying on top of the latest news, hottest topics, and is an overall great source of inspiration. This app makes it easy for bloggers to access their latest tweets and let the Twitterverse know about their latest blog posts.
David Spader writes about Car Insurance Comparison for Car Insurance Comparison.org. Most recently he has been busy using the blogging apps on the iPad to update the article about california car insurance.
- iPad app review – Zite (macstarter.com)
- Instagallery offers social photo options on iPad (macworld.com)
- Cannonball World Events App for iPhone and iPad Now Available on App Store (prweb.com)
If you enjoyed reading this post, then please remember to post a comment, Subscribe to my RSS feed.