Now if like me you blog about websites now and again, then sometimes you like to take snapshot of a web page or even a portion of a website, in the past I have used some software to capture the screen and then edit it in PhotoShop.
Recently I came across a Chrome Extension called Aviary Screen Capture, this handy extension will add a button in your Chrome browser that when clicked will give you several options in capturing the screen that you have in your browser.
But it doesn’t stop there, the Aviary Chrome Extension also has a built-in screen editor, so once your screen is captured you can edit it and the thing which I find useful is to cut and crop a section of the screen and then save it to your hard drive, ready for you to upload it to your blog post.
So this is a handy little Chrome Extension and one which I personally like to use and do find it very useful for the website reviews that I occasionally do, it’s great that now I don’t have to run one program to capture screenshots and then boot up PhotoShop to edit them, it’s all done from my Chrome Browser.
* Save to desktop, host online, or edit in other Aviary apps.
* Captures instantly.
* Screen capture of the visible portion of all web pages and images.
* Add visual notes like arrows, text and highlights to your capture.
* Crop your capture.
* Resize, rotate and flip your capture.
* Smart select and move of captured elements.
* Grab color information from the page.
* Quick launch 6 Aviary design tools: Image editor, markup editor, vector editor, color palette editor, effects editor & audio editor.
Check it out for yourselves, you may find it a useful extension for your blogging needs.