Originally posted Christmas 2010, but as so many people are still looking for my Home-made Carrot and Tomato Soup recipe, I thought I should repost it for you all. With all this cold weather we’ve had lately, it’s the perfect time to make it to keep warm.
I have been asked a few times about some of the recipes for the tweets that I have made when I have made soup etc, so I thought would take the opportunity to bring you a tasty recipe for Carrot and Tomato Soup!
So if you would like to try out this tasty soup then read on!
- 4 Carrots
- 6 Tomatoes
- 1 Onion (Red or Spanish)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1.5 litres vegetable stock
- Set your oven to 200/400C/Gas Mark 6.
- Slice your tomatoes into even quarters and remove the cores of the tomatoes.
- Peel and dice the carrots.
- Coarsely chop the onion (I usually drop it in a food processor for a few seconds)
- Place the above ingredients in an oven proof dish and sprinkle over the olive oil, oregano, salt and some freshly ground pepper.
- Place the dish in the oven and roast it for about 20 minutes.
- While the dish is in the oven bring your vegetable stock to the boil, a quick and simple way to make your stock is to take 3-4 vegetable oxo cubes and mix them with 1.5 litres of boiling water until they dissolve.
- When the vegetables have been in for 20 minutes remove them from the dish and add them to your pan of vegetable stock and boil for around 10 minutes.
- Now either use a hand blender or a food processor to purée your mixture into a slightly textured soup.
- Serve with a drizzle of fresh cream.
So there you have it, hope you give it a go and enjoy it