The mighty CommentLuv plugin has now been updated to version 2.80 and it seems faster than the previous versions and also has some nice new features included in the latest incarnation.
Which I will list for you in a moment, but first let me mention the nice surprise I had from Andy from CommentLuv via Twitter, I was reading in my Twitter time line that the new version was listed in the WordPress Plugins Directory, which I have to admit I don’t visit that often, I use the search from within WordPress for updates etc. But, after receiving this tweet from Andy, I had to check it out!
Imagine my surprise and excitement when I saw the second image on the page, were my red headed avatar is in pride of place in a screenshot of how the plugin is displayed.
Many thanks to Andy for this
Anyhoo on to the features of the CommentLuv 2.80
- WordPress 3.0 Compatible
- Use comments meta table instead of hard coding into the comment content
- Drastically improved commmunication with API for comment status changes
- Near 100% accuracy for API to identify members links for info panel
- New heart icon for registered members. Improves hover rates.
- Removed depreciated function to clean old style additional data
- Added link to remove someones luvlink data in the comments admin page
- Dutch Translation by Rene wppg.me
- Added comments_array filter to make Thesis behave
- Added check to see if link already added (WP 3.0 compatibility)
- thanks to @hishaman for helping the thesis testing
- Added code to settings manager to prevent viewing outside wordpress (and fixed the typo later, thanks speedforce.org)
I’ve been a firm fan of CommentLuv since starting my blog and I do recommend everyone using WordPress to installed this superb plugin,
If you enjoyed reading this post, then please remember to post a comment and Subscribe to the Blazing Minds RSS feed.