This article has been updated with regards to Verified Twitter Followers, new information and tips can be found towards the end.
I’ve been asked the same question over and over again by friends using Twitter, “How Can I Find Out How Many Verified Twitter Accounts Follow Me?“, so I thought I would take the opportunity to give you some tips on how you can find the answer.
Contrary to belief some Verified Twitter users will follow you and those that do follow you, are generally the ones that you can have conversation with you on Twitter, but let’s get something straight first about verified Twitter users.
Verified Twitter user are not always celebrities
That shocked you didn’t it! Verified users can be anything from a local newspaper right up to those big named artists etc.
How Can I Find Out How Many Verified Twitter Accounts Follow Me?
OK, so I have two methods of finding the Verified Twitter Users that follow me on Twitter, so let’s start with the easiest and probably the quickest.
Finding Verified Twitter Users That Follow You – Option 1 (Sadly This site has closed)
Now this method is really simple, but in its simplicity it isn’t 100% as after I’ve noticed it doesn’t list everyone that I know follows me, but it gives you a rough idea.
- Visit the website twtrfrnd, the website allows you to find out what relationship Twitter users have with each other by entering their user names.
- In the first box on the left enter “verified” and in the box on the right enter your twitter name. “Verified” is the twitter name of the official account that follows Verified Twitter users.
- Once you have done this, simply hit “GO”
- Now wait while the comparisons and twitter profiles are checked.
- Once this is complete you will end up with three lists, “Both Follow“, “Both Followed By” and “Indicators“
Indicators is the list you want to look at, this is the list of verified users, that follow you and are followed by the official Verified Twitter account.
Now as I mentioned earlier, this method is not 100%, there may be some Verified accounts that @Verified is not following, yet, so you will find that the numbers may be off slightly.
Finding Verified Twitter Users That Follow You – Option 2
Now personally this is my favorite method, this method is with the software called SocialBro, you can “get accurate information about your community using different search criteria” with this handy app and it’s so easy to use, but this method may take a little while if you have a huge following etc.
- Visit the SocialBro website and download and install the app for your required system/browser.
- Run SocialBro, add your Twitter account and Synchronize you account (this may take some time on a free account).
- Now that your account has been synchronized, check out the section that says “Famous Followers”.
- Now you will see which Verified Users are following you, you can now follow them back, or even them add them to a Twitter List to keep an eye on what they are up to.
Finding Verified Twitter Users Following You – Option 3 [UPDATE TO ARTICLE]
Another method of finding those Verified Twitter Followers is by using the website Friend or Follow, with a few clicks you will be seeing those that are following you and a few other stats.
How to find those Verified Twitter Users:
- Visit Friend or Follow, log in with your Twitter account you want to check.
- Click on the tab “Friends”.
- Make sure that “Protected” and “Normal” in the “Show these types of users” section are deselected.
- Now view the results to see which Verified users are following you on twitter.
You can now hover over each of the Tweeters and see if you are following them and you can follow them if you wish.
One of the things that I would like to see on Friend or Follow is the option of adding or removing the user to and from one of your Twitter lists, this would be great if you want to keep a list of those kind enough to follow you.
Three Easy Methods To Find Verified Twitter Users That Follow You, Your Turn!
So there you go, three ways that you can see which Verified Twitter Accounts are following you, I know there are other ways of doing this out there, so now it’s time to hand over to you the reader.
How do you find out which Verified Twitter Accounts are following you on Twitter? Do you use the methods I’ve mentioned? Do you have any other methods that you use?
- Fake Verified Accounts Aided by Twitter’s New Header Photo (webpronews.com)