In an economy where many small businesses are fighting just to stay alive, the last thing any of them need is dealing with a break-in, yet many of them face such a possibility by not being properly protected.
For the small business owner that is not secure, have you taken the time since opening your company to look into small business security systems? If the answer is no, was it due to pricing or maybe a concern over having to upgrade the technology over time?
Whatever the reasons for the hesitation to not having installed a security system to this point, here are some things you are missing out on:
- Security systems protect your company hardware and sensitive information;
- Security systems assist in protecting your employees from harm such as people that should not be on company property;
- Security systems help to lessen what your company would spend on insurance;
- Security systems help to prevent against theft from within inside the company.
Small business owners also need to ask themselves what is the financial impact of inadequate security to their company. Among the items to consider:
- On average, what is the expense of financial losses minus adequate security?
- What is the worst-case possibility of financial loss minus adequate security?
- What level of security is appropriate for my business?
- What impact will security have when it comes to employee productivity?
For those small businesses that have business security systems in place, yet feel they need some upgrading, it certainly makes sense to annually review what they have and what can be improved.
Keep in mind, what your small business does cannot be duplicated across the board when it comes to installing or upgrading security systems.
In the event your business has a lot of money on site, your security system needs are much different than those of the small businessman that sells life insurance. One way to determine your needs is by looking at comparable small businesses to see how they protect their assets, including their employees.
When you study the cost and benefit data to having a properly installed security system for your small business, you can better determine the return on your security investment.
At the end of the day, having an inadequate security presence on site can hurt your business reputation, not to mention cripple your operation financially.
Photo credit: itech-ny.com
If you enjoyed reading this post, then please remember to post a comment and Subscribe to the Blazing Minds RSS feed.