August was a strange month for Blazing Minds, not only was it extremely busy, but it also proved to be a challenging month!
So we had some slight issues with the website last month, we installed a plugin and the site went AWOL, the beginning of this month we moved the site to a new server for a faster experience, thanks EvoHosting for that one, you guys are awesome!
In-between the issues we had and some other annoying problems the site has done its usual and bringing reviews and other stuff your way, we have tweaked things as well and removed some articles, but most of all you’ve all been enjoying Blazing Minds.
Top Articles in August ’13 on Blazing Minds
Ok, enough of the witty banter and the ramblings of a mad blogger, let’s get on with the list, these are the articles that you’ve all been enjoying during the last month, some new, some old, but all of them something to enjoy reading:
- This was an article I posted some time back, it was just before the release of the movie and it still seems to be one of the movie related articles that is still pulling people to learn more about the movie.
- This has to be one of the most popular article from last year, originally posted in November 2012, it has been a staple diet for those looking for information and tips on using their new DSLR cameras.
- Another article which is always in the lists of top articles here on the website, it seems that people are still having issues with the Orange (EE) safeguard on their phones and they are landing here to get help with it, glad we can be of service.
- A while back I wrote a brief article about Twitter lists, this was an update, revisited article about the lists and how you can use them to make your Twitter following experience much better.
- The first of the movie reviews to hit the list, this was my review for the sequel to Kick Ass, one of the popular reviews last month.
- Chomping on the heels of Kick Ass (no pun intended), is the reboot of the classic TV series, this time with Johnny Depp as Tonto, not the worlds best Depp movie, but the review still very popular.
- The August contest with a set of two books to give away, kindly donated by the author, who I’m proud to say I know and has written some amazing books, these are the first two books and it seems you all want a copy of them.
- Another old post, this one back from August ’12, it only goes to show that everyone still loves the TV show and even after all these years of the show finishing, the re-runs have sparked an interest in the top 10 most watched episodes.
- Another of the movie reviews in the list, this one for the film based on a true story and one which certainly has people jumping out of their skins in cinemas.
- I went for a walk, took some photos and blogged about it and you all seemed to be interested in the lovely walk in Betws y Coed, thank you all for showing interest in this one, it goes to show that you all have a range of interests when you visit the blog.
Where Have You All Been Coming From?
Now this is the section where I let you know what sources have sent traffic here over the last month, no surprises on this one, but nice to see some familiar names and URLs
- Google Search (Top Search Engine)
Updates With Comments etc.
Some of you may have noticed that there have also been some updates when it comes to the comments here on the website, your comments are now only accepted with your names, yes you can still use CL, but we have opted for a “NoFollow” option on the links, this is to keep in the good books with Google, since the Penguin updates.
We have added the Top Commentluvvers widget to the side of the website, so anyone using the option to leave a link to their last article in the comments will go into the list o the top 5 commenters. The list is reset every 30 days, but runs on the continuous option.
If comments do look dodgy or are linking to a site that we deem to be one which may trigger the Google red flags then it will not be allowed, not to say your comment won’t, just the link, sorry everyone.
Farewell August and Hello September
So there we are folks, that was August, September is going to be another busy month, not only will I have some great film reviews coming your way, but I will also be covering one of the tour dates for American band, Wheatus, as they arrive in the UK, really looking forward to that one and meeting the band.
I’ll be accompanied by my good friend Lee Howard, who will be photographing the band, the gig and hopefully some of me having some fan moments with them, as usual the photos will be in the review of the gig.
Films wise there are going to be some good ones such as Riddick, Rush, Insidious 2, R.I.P.D. and more.