Building a blog is easy, but one of the major challenges every blogger faces is the part of getting traffic to a blog. There are various methods that can be used to get traffic to a blog some of which are explained below.
- Post regularly: This is a step most people often ignore. We all know our readers are not fool, you can’t just expect them to be coming to your website or blog everyday without them finding new fresh content to read. Try to update your blog regularly because this helps your readers and it also help your [intlink id="handy-websites-seo-fanatics" type="post"]search engine rankings[/intlink]. Search engines love fresh content and if you begin to post regularly, the search engines will soon begin to count your blog as an authority blog thereby automatically increasing your ranks in the search engines.
- Blog commenting: Commenting on other blogs in your niche is also another good strategy to increase the number of visits to your blog. It is important to have an avatar when commenting, the avatar can either be your image or another image related to your blog. The importance of using an avatar is that it makes you look real and human and if you comment on many blogs so many users who read several of those blogs will be forced to visit your blog because they are now becoming familiar with your avatar due to them seeing it every where.
- Article sites: Article sites are also a good way to get traffic to your site, all you have to do is write a good post and then submit it to the top article sites with an anchor text of your choice linking back to your website. For example, if you want to rank for the term “young blogger”, your anchor text will look like this “young blogger”, you will notice that if you click on the second link it will take you to my website. That is exactly how an anchor text looks like. It is also important to make sure you put most of your efforts in dofollow sites because it helps you achieve higher search engine rankings.
- Directories: Try to submit your blog to various blog directories and website directories; you can also submit your rss feed to rss directories. Directories do help increase website rankings, I was able to take a website to the front page of Google for a two phrase keyword, I was also able to help the website get pagerank 3 using directory submission only. Do not underestimate the power of directory submission and also try to do it gradually i.e. do not submit to 1000 directories in one day, submit your website to some few directories and continue like that.
- Guest blogging: As I am doing now, guest blogging is another great way to get traffic to your website. Unlike any other traffic generation strategy, guest blogging helps you get not just ordinary traffic to your blog but valuable traffic because many of the readers on the blog you guest post on will come to have a look on your blog and if you have good and regularly updated articles they will stay around thereby becoming your loyal long-term reader.
- Social sites: Social bookmarking and networking sites such as twitter, facebook, digg, stumbleupon and many other social sites can help you drive tons of traffic to your website, just make sure you only submit valuable posts and you don’t just spam their sites. It is not a good idea to spam this sites as this will reduce your reputation with time
How are you doing with your traffic? With mine, I will say I am doing fine. Implement this strategies and experience and increase in your website traffic.
If you enjoyed reading this post, then please remember to post a comment and Subscribe to the Blazing Minds RSS feed.