Greeting dear readers, so we have come to the end of yet another week, I still think that the older you get the quicker the weeks seem to pass you by!
OK, so now it’s time for my weekly round-up of what has gone on in the blogging world of Blazing Minds, it never surprises me that some of the older and very informative articles from the site still keep turning up on the weekly list, but it only goes to show that they are still been found useful.
This Week We Have Twitter Tips, Mobile Safeguard Tips and Sci-Fi
Right then who’s up for what you’ve all been reading on the website this week? All of you! Oh that’s perfect then, so let’s get on with the first list for this weeks round-up.
Top Articles of the Week
- Twitter Verification, How? Why? When? Do you need it? - I was a little addicted to this side of Twitter some time back, but now-a-days it doesn’t bother me so much, but I had been asked many times about being verified on Twitter, so I thought, “what the hey, I posts up an article about it!”
- HOW TO: Remove Orange Safeguard From Your Mobile Phone! - No surprise that this article is back up again and quite high in the list, many of you still seem to have trouble with the safeguard on your mobile phones.
- Win a Sci Fi Weekender VIP Room for 8 at #sfw5 - I had a feeling this would be rolling high! Who wouldn’t want tickets to the greatest weekend away at the Sc-Fi Weekender!
- Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy Radio Show: Live at Rhyl - Yep towel in had, I travelled to the Restaurant at the end of the Universe for a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster, well I actually went up the road to the Rhyl Pavilion to review the Live Radio Show.
- The Conspiracy – The huge FrightFest hit comes to DVD - It’s always nice when you get a screener to review and this one came in time to review before its official release and it seems a lot of you are interested in the movie.
- You Have Got To Love The Gall of a Comment SPAMMER - One of my timely rants, after receiving a massive comment, clearly from some spamming software, I wrote about it on the ComLuv website, but so outraged by the other “stupid” comments that had arrived, I also had vented some steam here.
- Rhyl, the North Wales town that is on the rise, so don’t knock it - The controversy still moves along with the love/hate relationship that some people have for my local town and this article, that was written a while back it still finding readers that want to know more, that reminds me must get out my Little Venice article soon.
- HOW TO … Sit in the Cinema seats in style - Bit of fun this one, it’s an InfoGraphic I found while surfing the net and as I do love the movies and the cinema, it just had to find its way here on to the website.
- The Hunger Games: Catching Fire: Moments Worth Paying For Trailer - Showing support for the movie world, I posted this teaser for Catching Fire, which shows support for the industry against piracy! (Arrrrr, no wrong pirate)
- Clueless Camera Users? I Used to Be One! - Yep another old article, but again this one is being found useful by those with a new DSLR camera.
What People Are Searching For!
I always like this list, it sometimes has some rather bizarre search terms, although some of them this last week have been quite normal.
- itunes plus upgrade
- hitchhiker’s guide to the galaxy rhyl
- how to bypass orange safeguard
- bypass orange safeguard
- how much money get teenagers
- blazing minds crap towns
- bruce jones morton arms
- how do i complete my album on itunes
There, they wasn’t that bad really.
Where Are You All Coming From!
By that I mean which search engines and websites are sending you all to the website.
Search engine wise, Google is top of the list again, followed by Bing and Yahoo. The traffic coming in from other websites hasn’t changed that much, but Twitter is still a firm favourite for incoming traffic to Blazing Minds.
Support For Blazing Minds From Fellow Tweeters
Twitter is getting busier these days and sometimes, only sometimes, I do have trouble keeping up with everyone that has tweeted me with questions, ReTweets and #FF’s
But here are just a few of the #FF recommendations I got this week.
— Static Mass Emporium (@StaticMass) October 11, 2013
— Dylan Daily Post (@DylanDailyPost) October 11, 2013
— Anton Griffiths (@Anton500Anton) October 11, 2013
— Sharon Derrick (@Sharon_Derrick) October 11, 2013
— ROYALTY (@RoyaltyGaga) October 12, 2013
While on the Subject of Twitter!
Yesterday, while sitting around waiting for the service on my car, I decided to tweet out a new little competition for my followers, suffice to say, I didn’t think that it would take off as well as it has done!
So I thought While I’m at it I may as well share it with everyone here, it’s a simple competition to win a stack of rock/metal CDs, you may have seen me tweet about them with a photo some time back, anywho, if you would like to enter the competition, simple follow me, @BlazingMinds and then RT the tweet below (you should see the tweet below, if not you may not have java enabled, in which case visit the contest here).
— Karen Woodham (@BlazingMinds) October 12, 2013
NOTE: The draw will take place at 20K followers and the winner, MUST BE FOLLOWING @BlazingMinds to be able to win!
Those Wonderful People That Comment, Top Commentators on Blazing Minds
Now I know you don’t see a top commentators widget in the sidebar, even though I do use the CommentLuvvers widget with CommentLuv, but I do have a system for the Top Commentators and it allows me to keep an eye on those commenting and how much.
From next week you will see this section, in next week weekly round-up, populated with the Top Commentators, if you are a spammer, then don’t bother you won’t be in it so, don;t waste your time, but, if you are a worthwhile and legitimate commentator, I will list you.
Also, those that leave well written comments and have their comments approved will get a visit from me, “you comment, I visit“.
Updates to the Blazing Minds Website This Week
There have been some tweeks going on with the website over the last 7 days, yeah I know where do I find the time!
Seriously though, I have made some subtle changes to the website, the home page of the site, not only has the slider etc, but it now also has a “featured” article with the most recent article below it. I am contemplating removing the slider, but not 100% sure yet.
Other updates, include the CommentLuvvers widget has been moved to a slightly different place on the sidebar, plus the Twitter links have been removed from the comments.
Also the addition of a new page, Sci-Fi Weekender, has been added to the site, which can be found in the drop down section of the Entertainment menu, the decision was made to create the page because the many article that I post about the event and the fact that it is an event that I visit and cover.
The new page lists all previous article in one handy place and will be updated with new articles and will most probably be used for adding exclusive news for the Sci-Fi Weekenders that are held in Pwllheli, North Wales, each year.